This article provides guidance on creating and configuring custom Caller ID policies.
Caller ID Policies
Caller ID policies are used to change or hide the Caller ID when a phone call is made via Teams. This is done by creating a custom policy which provides an alternate number to display or to block any number from being displayed. By default, (if no custom Caller ID policies are created and applied to users), there will be a global Caller ID policy that will be applied with the following settings:
|Feature||Comments||Global Policy Setting – Recommendation|
|Block incoming caller ID||This setting controls the incoming caller ID.||
|Override the caller ID policy||This setting controls whether users can override the caller ID policy||
|Replace the caller ID with||This setting controls whether the caller ID can be replaced with another number (UserName, Service Number, or Anonymous)||
|Replace the caller ID with this service number||This setting allows configuring a service number if the above options “Replace the caller ID with” is configured to “Service Number”.||
Custom Caller ID policies can be created and configured through the Phone System PowerApp as per your organisation requirements. This article will outline guidance on:
- How to add a new custom Caller ID policy
- How to edit a custom Caller ID policy
- How to delete a custom Caller ID policy
Adding a Custom Caller ID Policy
3. On the Configure Caller ID Policy page, you will be able to add a name and description for this custom Caller ID policy in the fields provided. Continue to complete the remaining parameters for this policy that can be updated to your organisation’s requirement (i.e., ‘Block incoming caller ID’, ‘Replace Caller ID’, ‘Override Caller ID Policy’ etc.).
4. After tailoring the settings to your organisation’s requirements, click ‘Submit’. After submitting, you will be directed to a success screen confirming your custom policy has been successfully saved. The success screen will provide the option to return to the Caller ID landing page.
5. Select the ‘return to Caller ID’ to be redirected back to the Caller ID landing page.
To assign your Caller ID policies to users, please visit this article – Assigning Policies to Users.
Editing a Custom Caller ID Policy
2. You will be brought to a screen where you will be able to change the configurations and features of the custom Caller ID policy.
Deleting a Custom Caller ID Policy
|Last Reviewed Date||08/06/2022|