This article provides guidance for NHSmail Teams Phone System Administrators on the individual and bulk assignment of policies to users within the Phone System Power App and outlines how to unassign policies from users.
This article will outline:
- Individual Assignment of Policies to Users
- Bulk Assignment of Policies to Users
- Unassigning Policies from Users
Individual Assignment of Policies to Users
You can assign individual policies to individual users via the Power App. Follow the steps below to do this:
If you have a very high number of users, some users may not be visible in the summary table, but all should be searchable.
4. On the Assign Policies to Users screen, you will be able to select the policies you wish to be applied to the user. Select the drop-down lists next to each policy to choose which policy should be assigned to the user. The user’s name will be displayed above the list of policies.
Select ‘Submit’ once you have chosen the policies to assign.
Bulk Assignment of Policies to Users
NHSmail Teams Phone System Administrators can also assign policies to their users in bulk. Policies can be assigned to up to 500 users at once. If you try to bulk assign policies to more than 500 users at once, the action is likely to fail.
Follow the steps detailed below to complete this action.
3. To determine the users for the bulk assignment, you will need to download the template, (select the ‘Template’ button) and then complete the necessary fields before uploading via the attachment box provided. We recommend using a Text Reader application such as WordPad or NotePad to open and edit the template. Using Excel can increase the likelihood of errors appearing when opening up the template.
4. Select ‘Submit’ to be directed to a success screen confirming that your request has been submitted successfully.
5. You can view the progress of your bulk assignment request by navigating to the Pending Actions screen from the Home screen. Here you can view all bulk requests and see more details on any unsuccessful requests / processes.
Unassigning Policies from Users
You may need to unassign policies from users as you manage the NHSmail Teams Phone System Service for your organisation, and you will need to unassign policies from users if you are deleting these policies. To do this please follow the steps below:
5. Select the drop-down for the policy you wish to unassign from the user. A list of available policies to assign will appear in the drop-down list. To unassign the current policy from the user, select the ‘X’ next to the currently assigned policy. You can then either assign another available policy to the user or leave the field blank, assigning no policy to the user.
7. A success screen will be shown confirming that your changes have been saved successfully.
|Last Reviewed Date