This article provides guidance for Phone System administrators to set up Voice Routes and assign Voice Routing Policies to users within their or organisation. Voice Routing Policies determine how calls from a user will be routed. A Voice Routing Policy is made up of PSTN Usages, which are containers that hold multiple Voice Routes.
This article will outline steps to:
- Add your PSTN Usage Records
- Add your Voice Routes
- Add your Voice Routing Policies and assign them to users
Step 1: Add your PSTN Usage Record
(alternatively you can select the ‘PSTN Usage Records’ button to view all PSTN Usage Records, and then select add from the toolbar on that page. You can also delete PSTN Usage Records from this page).
4. You will be directed to a success screen, informing you that the PSTN usage record has been created successfully, with an option to navigate back and view all the PSTN records.
Step 2: Add your Voice Routes
(alternatively you can select the ‘Voice Routes’ button to view all Voice Routes, and then select add from the toolbar on that page. You can also edit and delete any existing Voice Routes from this page).
3. Proceed to the SBCs enrolled section to select the SBCs you want calls to route to for this Voice Route. You will be provided with a list of all available SBCs to select from. Select the left and right arrows next to the add and remove to shift the SBCs you want into the chosen SBC column.
4. Next, select the PSTN Usage Records for the Voice Route. This will be what was created in step 1 of the checklist. Using the left and right arrows next to the add and remove to move the selected PSTN Usage Records to the chosen records column.
5. After adding the chosen SBCs and PSTN Usage Records, click the ‘Submit’ button to process all changes added. A success screen will be shown to indicate the Voice Route has been added.
Step 3: Add your Voice Routing Policy
(alternatively you can select the ‘Voice Routing Policy’ button to view all Voice Routing Policies, and then select add from the toolbar on that page. You can also edit and delete any existing Voice Routing Policies from this page).
3. In the PSTN Usage Records section, select the PSTN Usage Records to be used for this Voice Routing Policy. Select the PSTN Usage Records from the all records column, and then use the right and left arrows next to add and remove to shift the desired records into the chosen records column (select ‘Clear’ to remove all records from the chosen records column).
4. After adding the chosen PSTN Usage Records for the Voice Routing Policy, click the ‘Submit’ to process all changes.
Step 4: Assign Voice Policy Routing Policy to Users
Once Voice Routing Policies have been created in the previous step, these can now be assigned to users. Step 4 of the Voice Routing checklist will navigate you to the users page, where policies can be assigned on an individual and bulk basis. For a comprehensive guidance on how to assign policies to users, please visit this article.