This article provides guidance for Phone System administrators to manage Call Queues for their organisations.
This article will outline:
- Pre-requisites for Call Queues
- How to create and configure Call Queues (required settings and additional optional settings)
- How to edit Call Queues
- How to delete Call Queues
Pre-requisites for Call Queues
To create and configure a Call Queue, a Resource Account is required.
The creation of a Resource Account including the process of assigning a license and a number can take up to 24 hours. For a comprehensive guide on Resource Accounts, please visit this article.
Creating and Configuring Call Queues
3. To create a Call Queue, provide a name for the Call Queue in the field provided. You will also need to select a Resource Account from the list displayed. To assign them to the Call Queue, click the ‘+’ next to the selected Resource Accounts (they can be removed by clicking the ‘X’ if required).
5. For the greeting method and music on hold settings. if ‘play an audio file’ is selected, there will be an option to upload an audio file as an attachment.
6. Next, it is required to configure the call answering process for the Call Queue. Admins are presented with an option to add agents, either choosing a Microsoft Team or choosing users and groups (i.e., Distribution lists/ Distribution groups).
To check if a Teams channel is available to use, please select the intended Team, click ‘Get Channels’, then select the desired channel, then click ‘Check Availability’. If the Team and Channel are available, the ‘Check Availability’ button will turn green. If it is not availability, it will turn red. You will be unable to proceed if this Team is already used by another Call Queue.
7. Continue to configure the settings for ‘Routing Method’, ‘Conference Mode’, ‘Presence-based Routing ‘Call agents can opt out of taking calls’ options. Click ‘Submit’ for the call queue to be created.
Configuring Additional Optional Settings
Should you wish to configure these additional optional settings, please follow the steps below:
1. Set the call agent alert time, the maximum calls in queue for your organisation, and the next steps for when maximum calls is reached, maximum wait time, and next steps for when the call times out, using the options and fields provided.
2. For the optional settings of determining what happens when maximum calls is reached and when the call times out, choices are provided to disconnect or redirect the call. If a redirection is, the call can be redirected to a person in the organisation, a voice app, voicemail, or a specific external number.
Editing a Call Queue
Deleting a Call Queue
3. Upon confirming delete, a success screen will appear, confirming your Call Queue has been deleted successfully
|Last Reviewed Date||17/06/2022|