This article provides guidance for NHSmail Teams Phone System Administrators on how to configure and manage Call Queues for their organisation/s.
Call Queues provide a method of routing callers to people in your organisation who can help with a particular issue or question. Calls are distributed one at a time to the people in the queue (who are known as agents). While waiting for an agent, a greeting message and music can be played to callers.
This article will outline how to complete the following actions:
Creating and Configuring Call Queues
4. On the Cloud Call Queues screen, you will be able to confirm the following information and policy settings:
- Resource Account
- ODS code
- Assign calling ID
- Music on hold
- Call answering agents
- Routing method
- Conference mode
- Presence-based routing
- Call agents can opt out of taking calls
- Call agent alert time (Optional)
- Maximum calls in queue (Optional)
- Action of where to redirect to when maximum calls are reached (Optional)
- Maximum wait time (Optional)
- Action when call times out (Optional)
See the below steps for further guidance on how to complete all options on this screen.
5. Please provide a name for the Call Queue. There are no specific naming conventions to follow, but the name you choose will be prefixed with your organization’s ODS code. For example, if you choose “Call Queue 1,” it will be prefixed with your organization’s ODS code as “xxx-Call Queue 1,” where “xxx” represents your organization code. Please ensure that the name you select does not include any special characters, this will cause issues when attempting to view your call queue.
If you have permissions to manage policies for multiple organisations, you can use the ODS search functionality to find the correct Resource Account. Once you have found the Resource Account/s you wish to add, select the ‘+’ next to the selected Resource Accounts. Select ‘X’ if you need to remove any.
9. Scrolling further down the options on the Add Cloud Call Queue screen, you’ll next need to configure the call answering process for the Call Queue. You can add agents, either choosing a Microsoft Team or choosing users and groups (i.e., Distribution lists/ Distribution groups).
10. To check if a Teams channel is available to use, select the intended Team, click ‘Get Channels’, then select the desired channel, click ‘Check Availability’. If the Team and Channel are available, the ‘Check Availability’ button will turn green. If unavailable, it will turn red. You will be unable to proceed if this Team is a used by another Call Queue.
12. The same Add Cloud Call Queue screen will load again confirming that your Call Queue has been created. Beneath the confirmation message, you will be able to configure several optional settings. To do this, follow the steps laid out in the Configuring Additional Optional Settings section of this article.
If you do not wish to configure any additional optional settings for the Call Queue you have just created, select the ‘Call Queues’ button to be directed back to the Call Queues Home screen.
Configuring Additional Optional Settings
1. Set the call agent alert time, the maximum number of calls which can be in the queue for your organisation (maximum of 200), what should happen when maximum calls is reached, the maximum wait time, and next steps for when the call times out, using the fields provided.
2. For the optional settings of determining what should happen when maximum calls are reached and when the call times out, you will be able to choose between ‘Disconnect’ or ‘Redirect the call to’. If a ‘Redirect this call to’ is selected, the call can be redirected to a person in the organisation, a voice app, voicemail, or a specific external number. Drop-down lists will appear to allow you to select where or who to redirect the call to.
Editing a Call Queue
4. Update the settings as required. If you are changing only the required settings, you will need to click on the first ‘Submit’ button to process the changes. Once this has been actioned, you will return to the screen of the Call Queue settings.
If you are changing the both the required setting and the additional optional settings or only the additional optional settings, you will need to scroll down to select the second ‘Submit’ button. Once you have submitted the updates you will see a success screen confirming that the settings have been updated.
Deleting a Call Queue
4. A success screen should then be displayed confirming that the Call Queue has been deleted successfully.
|Last Reviewed Date