This article provides step by step guidance for Phone System administrators looking to configure Resource Accounts for their organisations. A Resource Account is a disabled user that can be used to represent resources. A Resource Account is required for each Auto Attendant or Call Queue. Resource Accounts may also be assigned service telephone numbers. By doing so, callers from outside Teams can reach the Auto Attendant or Call Queue. Each Resource Account requires a free Microsoft 365 Phone System – Virtual User license.
This article will outline:
Add Resource Account
2. You will be directed to a Resource Account landing page where you will be provided with a view of all Resource Accounts, along with the options to ‘Add, ‘Edit Number’ and ‘Delete’ a Resource Account.
6. Once your Resource Account has been created, a ‘Virtual User License’ toggle will appear. As this will be required to associate a number with the Resource Account, this setting will be set to on by default.
7. Click ‘submit’ again to process all changes applied.
Assigning a Number to a Resource Account
To successfully configure a Resource Account to be used for Auto Attendants and Call Queues, a number is required to be assigned to the newly created Resource Account. The following steps below will outline how to do this.
4. If a number has been previously assigned to the Resource Account, it will be shown in the current number field. To assign a new number, select the ‘unassign’ If no number is currently assigned, this field will be blank.
5. Scroll down to toggle ‘Yes’ for the option to assign a new number to the Resource Account.
7. Upon selecting the new phone number to be assigned, scroll down to the licencing section. Here, you will be required to specify if you want to transfer calls to external numbers, with an off/on toggle provided. Switch to toggle according to your organisation’s requirement.
9. You will be required to assign a corresponding license from the drop-down bar that will appear below. For Direct Routing, you will need to select a Voice Policy to be assigned, and for Calling Plans, you will need to select a Calling Plan licence plan to be assigned. Select the suitable licence requirement.
11. You have now successfully configured a Resource Account which can be used for either a Call Queue or an Auto Attendant.
Delete a Resource Account
|Last Reviewed Date||10/06/2022|