If a mailbox is used for sending a high volume of emails, it can be converted into an ‘Application Account’. If a mailbox needs to be converted from a personal (user) mailbox into an Application Account, it must be appropriately named to indicate that it is being used for sending high volume of emails as part of a business process, for example: firstname.lastname@example.org
A personal email addresses, such as email@example.com, will not be converted into an Application Accounts and will be rejected. In cases like this, you will first need to create a new “business” type email address.
- Only Global Administrator and Tenant Administrator roles have the appropriate permissions to update a user mailbox to an application account
- Standard forensic process will apply to application accounts
- The requirement for changing the account password is once a year.
- A more complex password is required for the account.
- At least 20 characters
- 1 upper case
- 1 lower case
- 1 number or symbol
- It must not match the previous 4 passwords
|Last Reviewed Date||09/05/2023|