Webinars are structured meetings where presenters can schedule and open registration to attendees. Users can schedule a webinar following the below guidance.
Creating a webinar
1. Open Teams
2. Click on Calendar
3. Click on new meeting and select webinar from the drop-down list
4. The new webinar window opens
5. Select the Time zone, and click on require registration to select the audience
6. Enter a title for your webinar, the required presenters and notes for the presenters and organisers. Please note at least one user needs to be added to create the webinar. Please visit roles in a Team meeting, to explore capability of what organisers and presenters can do during the meeting.
7. Select date and time for the webinar
To customise the registration form
1. Select View registration form
2. Add title, details about the webinar, list the speakers for the event and the webinar start time
3. You can add an optional banner or image to the top of the attendee registration form
4. Attendees will be required to register for the webinar and complete a registration form with their first name, last name, and email address
5. Click on Add field to add additional fields to the registration form
6. Click on Save
7. Select Copy registration link. This link generates the registration form for attendees. Please ensure all attendees are sent this link to enable them to attend the webinar
8. Close the registration form and click Send
Organisers can manage the webinar via meeting options. For example, who can bypass the meeting lobby, choosing the presenters, preventing attendees from turning their video and audio on.
The webinar settings can be accessed by clicking on the three dots in the calendar invite prior the meeting
To access more webinar features in Teams:
Click on calendar
Click on invite and select Edit
The chat window displays the chat history of the webinar
The files window displays the shared files with attendees during the meeting
The details of the webinar, recording and transcripts of the webinar, attendance and registration report can be viewed and downloaded from the details window post webinar.
Scheduling assistant provides additional support in coordinating multiple schedules when creating a meeting.
It allows you to view when other people are busy or available to determine when the best time is to schedule a meeting
The meeting notes section displays the notes taken during the meeting.
During a meeting you may want to be taking minutes and share this with your attendees. In teams you can do that by clicking on the three dots … and selecting Meeting notes
Whiteboard feature allows users to sketch and brainstorm ideas onto a freeform digital canvas during webinars.
It uses a standard classroom whiteboard format, stored in the cloud and is accessible by anyone in the meeting.
Webinar organisers can view and download a meeting attendance report from the chat history or the details section post meeting.
The organiser can also view the attendance stats in the attendance pane once the meeting has ended.
Recordings and transcripts
The recordings and the transcriptions of the webinar are displayed in this section below. The recording and the transcripts can be downloaded clicking on the download icon.
The recording and transcripts can also be downloaded from the webinar chat history or from the details section of the calendar invite
Webinar organiser can monitor registration activity via the Registration report prior, during and post meeting. The registration reports details on the users who have registered for the webinar.
The registration report can be downloaded from the details section once the meeting has ended.
You can add Q&A to a webinar meeting. Please see Add Q&A to a Teams meeting or webinar on how to set up Q&A for your webinar.
|Last Reviewed Date||31/03/2022|