To keep your account secure you will need to change your password every 365 days. You will be reminded to change your password via email 18, 10, 5, 2 and 1 day(s) before it expires.
Remember, you must change your password immediately if you think someone else knows what it is. If your password expires, you will need to contact your Local Administrator.
Following a password change, to prevent your account from becoming locked you will need to update your new password on all the devices (including personal devices) that you use to access NHSmail, for example mobile phone, Outlook desktop, tablet etc.
To change your password, click on the following button:
1. Go to the NHSmail Portal at www.nhs.net, click on ‘Login’ in the top right-hand corner of the page and login using your current NHSmail username and password.
2. Click Profile in the navigation bar at the top of the screen
3. Click Change Password at the top right of the screen
A new window will open
4. Enter your email address and your old password. You will need to enter your new password twice in the fields provided
Note: Refer to the Additional Information box below for information on password requirements
5. Click Submit
When your password has been updated you will see the following message:
6. Click the cross at the top right to close the window
You will need to open a new browser, navigate to www.nhs.net and use your new password when you next log on. To prevent your account from becoming locked, remember to update this new password on all the devices (including personal devices) that you use to access NHSmail, for example mobile phone, Outlook desktop, tablet etc.