This manual provides step-by-step information to access My Identity Portal and unlink a NHS Care Identity (Smartcard) account from your NHSmail account.
- How to access My Identity Portal
- How to remove an NHS Care Identity (Smartcard) account from NHSmail
- Help & Support
How to access My Identity Portal
How to remove an NHS Care Identity (Smartcard) account from NHSmail
2. Login to the portal using the NHSmail email address and password, e.g. email@example.com of the user who wants to remove the NHS Smartcard registration. If Multifactor Authentication (MFA) is enabled, please follow the steps to complete the authentication.
5. Insert the user’s NHS Care Identity (Smartcard) into the reader and, if offered a preferred choice of Authentication Mechanism, select Smartcard and click on Continue. If not, please proceed with step 6.
If you have already inserted the Smartcard and typed in the user’s PIN, please proceed with step 7.
8. You have now successfully removed the registration of the user’s NHS Care Identity (Smartcard) with NHSmail. You have now the option to ‘Go to Link My NHS Accounts Home’ or ‘Go to NHSmail Portal’.
Help & Support
For any issues or queries, please contact a Local Administrator at your organisation in the first instance.
|Last Reviewed Date