This article provides step-by-step guidance for organisations who wish to offboard from NHSmail Teams Phone System.
Organisations can offboard themselves from NHSmail Teams Phone System but they will need to submit and Offboarding Request From via the Phone System Power App if they need to arrange to port our numbers or if they are using Direct Routing and need to confirm that the SSL certificate provided for their SBC/s can be cancelled.
This article will outline how to complete the following actions:
- Offboarding your organisation/s
- Arranging to port out numbers
Offboarding your organisation/s
Please follow the steps outlined below to offboard your organisation yourself:
1. Unassign the custom policies you have assigned to your users so that policies can be deleted.
2. Once the policies are unassigned, delete the custom policies via the NHSmail Teams Phone System Power App.
3. Delete the Call Queues and Auto Attendants you have created for your organisation/s. If you have created any Teams Groups only for Call Queues and Auto Attendants, these can be deleted using the NHSmail Portal.
4. Delete the Resource Accounts you have created for your organisation/s. This will also require you to unassign the service number you have assigned to any Resource Accounts.
5. If your organisation is using Direct Routing, you must unassign the Dial Plans and Voice Routing Policies from all users and then delete them (including PSTN usage records and PSTN routes).
6. If your organisation is using Direct Routing, you must delete the configured DNS records and then delete the SBCs via the NHSmail Teams Phone System Power App.
7. If your organisation is using Direct Routing, you must submit the Offboarding Request Form to confirm the SSL certificate provided for your SBC/s can be cancelled.
Once you have completed the offboarding steps detailed above for your organisation/s, a Local Administrator from your organisation will need to unassign the Phone System Administrator Roles from Phone System Administrators at your organisation via the NHSmail Portal.
Arranging to port out numbers
From NHSmail Teams Phone System to a new PSTN provider
If your organisation/s has been using Calling Plans as your PSTN connection strategy, you may need to request to port out numbers from NHSmail Teams Phone System to give to your new provider.
You will need to contact your new PSTN carrier to let them know you wish to port out phone numbers currently within NHSmail Teams Phone System. To complete the transfer, you will need to provide a porting PIN to your new carrier. The porting PIN will be used by your new carrier when they contact Microsoft.
To request the porting PIN, you will need to submit an Offboarding Request Form via the NHSmail Teams Phone System Power App.
From NHSmail Teams Phone System to a new tenant
If you are looking to port out numbers to another Microsoft 365 tenant, then a porting PIN is not required, however you will still need to complete an Offboarding Request Form in order to provide us with a list of the numbers to be ported out as well as the destination tenant name and the tenant object ID.
2. You will need to complete the fields shown on the Offboarding screen. The first three fields are mandatory, and you will not be able to submit the request without populating the fields.
- Title – Please provide a title for your offboarding request which includes your organisation’s ODS code (for example ‘Offboarding Request for LSP01’)
- Notification Emails – In this field, please add in the email addresses of any individuals who need to be updated via email on the progress and completion of this request. We may also reach out to these names individuals if we require further information from your organisation to be able to complete the request.
- Description – Please provide a short sentence in this field stating whether you need to port numbers out to another PSTN provider or another tenant, and/or if you are confirming the cancellation of SSL certificates for your organsiation/s.
- Attachments – This box allows you to attach a list of numbers to be ported out. For tenant to tenant porting then you must also provide the destination tenant name and the tenant object ID. The filetypes accepted are: .csv .xls .txt .pdf .doc. ppt .msg.
Click ‘Submit’ once you are finished to complete your offboarding request.
4. You (and any email addresses added into the ‘Notification Emails’ field in on the previous screen) will receive an email confirming that the request has been sent to the relevant NHSmail Service Teams to be actioned. Any future communication regarding the request – for example, the sharing of the porting PIN – will be via email.
Transferring and/or Deleting Users
Local Administrators at onboarded organisations can transfer and/or remove user accounts. To do this, Local Administrators will need to remove users from the Phone System User policies and add them to non-Phone System User policies and make sure that the users are no longer displayed or visible in the Phone System Power App before transferring this user to another organisation or deleting the user account.
|Last Reviewed Date||14/04/2023|