18/10/2023 09:45:00 AM
Description: The NHSmail team are aware of an issue relating to one of the NHSmail Relay components that would have prevented mails that were sent or should have been received between the hours of 00:00 and 00:45 on Wednesday the 18th October.
This issue may have impacted messages that meet the following criteria:
- Messages sent FROM an external domain (i.e. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) to an nhs.net account or nhs.uk
Messages meeting the following criteria would not have been impacted:
- Messages sent FROM the nhs.uk domain.
- Messages sent TO an nhs.net account FROM the HSCN.
- Messages sent from an nhs.net account TO another nhs.net account or, any external domain.
- Messages sent from the NHSmail High Send solution (send.nhs.net)
For emails impacted, non-delivery report (NDR) replies may have been received however, depending on configuration of the sending domain/mail servers, the receiving of NDR’s cannot be guaranteed.
To mitigate any potential impact, it is advised that local checks are performed to ensure emails were successfully sent/received between the hours of 00:00 and 00:45 on Wednesday the 18th October or organisations may wish to resend those emails between the time period noted.
Final Update: 18/10/2023 11:00:00 AM – The NHSmail team have closely monitored the NHSmail Relay component overnight and this morning with no further issues identified.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.
To report any issues, please contact 0333 200 1133 / email@example.com