23/05/2023 13:50:00 PM (GMT)
Issue Status: RESOLVED
Description: Internal monitoring has identified an issue with handing mails off from the NHSmail Relay Gateway to Microsoft Exchange. The impact can be summarised as per the below:
- Mails being sent from nhs.net email addresses to nhs.net email addresses are NOT impacted (excluding High-Send);
- Mails sent via the SMTP High-Send Relay to external domains are NOT impacted;
- Mails sent via the SMTP High-Send Relay to nhs.net addresses ARE impacted;
- Mails being sent from external domains to nhs.net mailboxes ARE impacted;
- Mails being sent from the nhs.uk to nhs.net mailboxes ARE impacted.
Engineers are urgently investigating the issue to try and resolve it as soon as possible and a Severity A ticket has been raised with Microsoft to request urgent support. Mails are being delivered, however, there may be a delay in them arriving at the destination mailbox until this issue is resolved and any backlog has been processed.
Final Update: 24/05/2023 09:47:00 AM – The issue causing email to queue on the NHSmail Relay Gateway has now been resolved. NHSmail Engineers released all remaining queued email last night with no issues. The NHSmail engineers are continuing to monitor the service and are also working with both Microsoft and Trend suppliers to identify the root cause of the issue.
To report any issues, please contact 0333 200 1133 / firstname.lastname@example.org