NHSmail FastTrack Programme
The FastTrack File Share migration is a time limited service running until June 2023. This service is offered on a first come first served basis in conjunction with Microsoft.
Organisations wishing to register their interest in onboarding File Share data onto the NHSmail platform, are advised to review the guidance below and complete this FastTrack Registration Form
2. FastTrack Pre-requisites
The pre-requisites below are requirements that need to be understood prior to completing the FastTrack registration form.
2.1 Licensing Requirements
The below requirements need to be fulfilled for organisations. Failure to fulfil licensing requirements will cause a delay.
- Sufficient N365 O365 E3R licences are available to the organisation to support the volumes of data transferred (each E3R licence has 2GB of SharePoint Online and 2GB OneDrive for Business storage)
- If additional storage is required, the organisation will need to procure additional step-up licenses (e.g., E1) that offers additional storage for the organisation
- If additional clarification on licensing is required, please contact the licensing team at Windows10@nhs.net with ‘FastTrack FileShare licensing query’ in the subject line
2.2 Key Pre-requisites
All organisation resources who perform File Share to OneDrive/SharePoint migrations should be able to meet the pre-requisites below prior to migration. These will be discussed in depth with organisations following the registration of interest.
- Committed resource available to support the project
- Organisation will be required to supply local virtual machines to host the SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) and meet the hardware requirements and support external internet access
- Relevant and required device and Operating System licensing (e.g., Windows 10/11), and valid patch management processes in place.
- All VMs must be maintained will the latest operating system patches and security fixes monthly throughout the migration process
- Organisations will be required to work with Microsoft and Accenture on the creation of SharePoint security groups/synchronisation with current Teams sites to support the file transfer.
- Organisations are required to utilise TANsync or BDS Directory Manager for user account synchronisation
3. Completing the Registration Form
- Organisations are invited to complete the FastTrack Registration Form. Once complete the NHSmail Team will reach out and initiate discussions re migration.
- Please include all requested information in order to be successful with your registration.
- The Local Administrator (LA) who completes the Onboarding Request Form will be assumed to be the Onboarding Manager and will be regarded as the key point of contact at the organisation.
|Last Reviewed Date||15/07/2022|