Please find below a summary of the main content of the York release which was deployed on 17/03/2022. To view the full release note for this release please see the PDF file at the end of this summary.
Portal Projects Functionality
- 46562 – 101: OneDrive Delegate Access
This PBI gives an user access to another user’s OneDrive for a period of 8 hours. An admin user with update user permissions will be able to provide delegation through the user details page. An automated email will be sent to the owning user of the OneDrive informing them that the delegate permissions have been added.
- 55590 – VN101: Add URL Shortening links to the NHSmail Portal
This PBI allows a user of the portal to access the URL Shortening application from the NHSmail portal. It takes the user to the login page of the application.
Note: We have hidden this link for the view, and it won’t be accessible to the users as a part of York release.
- 48601 – VN74 – Update Logon Report
This PBI allows the login events of users to be captured on the portal under “show recent logons” of edit user page. It has the new fields source IP, geolocation, user agent and risk.
- 52875 – VN116 – Add ability for Orgs to add Licence Agreement IDs
This PBI allows an admin of the organisation to add a new agreement ID, delete an existing agreement ID and view all agreement IDs of an organisation.
- 56083 – VN116 – Agreement ID delete validation
With this PBI, when an admin deletes an agreement ID of an organisation, a validation should be done ensuring that admin cannot delete agreement IDs associated to active/pending subscriptions and can delete other agreement IDs.
- 52256 – VN116 – Subscription validation workflow to onboard licences
With this PBI, a new page has been created under the admin tab called “Subscriptions”. The admin can validate the pending subscriptions and make them active so that can be assigned to users on a user policy page.
- 39417 – VN116 – Modify policy behaviour when a subscription expires.
With this PBI, when a user policy is mapped to an expired base subscription, a warning message is displayed to the admin so that the admin can change the subscription into an active one and update the user policy.
- 50240 – VN124 – Modification of Optometry user interface questions
In this PBI, some user interface changes are made. Once a new user approaches to register in NHSmail Portal, the person should be able to proceed with the registration considering all the details that the portal needs and they have those details. Once all the required details are entered, user should be able to get a confirmation message and get further guidance/notification for the next steps.
- 52137 – VN124 – Implement a scheduled task to cross check ODS data and prepare One Time Passcodes
In this PBI, a new hangfire job is created which will fetch data from AWS S3 bucket, verify in the Portal DB and generates OTC for the new organization. The data will be sent back to the AWS S3 bucket in the form of csv file once the job runs successfully.
- 53496 – VN124 – New Optometry Roles
In this PBI, while adding a new member or registering a member, user will be able to select the new roles from the drop down for Optometry and, correctly assign those roles to the designated people.
- 22989 – Implement a new create mailbox process (single)
As an admin user of the NHSmail portal, I would like to be able to create and configure a new exchange online user mailbox. This PBI implements a workflow to create and configure an Active Directory entry for the account to be added to the sync process.
- 23450 – Implement a new shared mailbox create process
As an admin user of the NHSmail portal, I would like to be able to create and configure a new exchange online shared mailbox. This PBI implements a workflow to create and configure an Active Directory entry for the account to be added to the sync process.
- 30011 – Implement a new resource mailbox create process
As an admin user of the NHSmail portal, I would like to be able to create and configure a new exchange online resource mailbox. This PBI implements a workflow to create and configure an Active Directory entry for the account to be added to the sync process.
- 41448 – Implement a new create mailbox process (bulk)
As an admin user of the NHSmail portal, I would like to be able to create and configure new exchange online user mailboxes in bulk. This PBI implements a workflow to create and configure Active Directory entries for the accounts to be added to the sync process.
- 42946 – Add information messages to the create mailbox pages
On the create user screens (single & bulk & PODS) there are new information messages added to inform admin users of the workflows and the timings for the workflows to be executed.
- 43119 – Refactor the PODS workflows to utilize the newly implemented create workflows
The PODS workflows within the NHSmail portal, utilize the account creation process. The PBI refactors the PODS registration workflows to use the newly implemented create workflows.
- 57667 – Disable PODS OTC functionality
This PBI implements the changes which includes disabling the option of sending out OTC through post for Pharmacy, Care provider and Dentistry flows.
- 49906 – NHSmail Admin Portal User Management search to include User Policy
This PBI introduces a new option called ‘User Policy’ in the column picker selection, which is present in the user management page.
- 50060 – Enable/Disable 1:1 Teams Call Recording
This PBI implements a new toggle called ‘Teams 1:1 call recording’ in the user policy create and edit pages. This toggle can be switched on or off. The toggle will enable an administrator to assign users within a policy the teams settings allowing them to record 1:1 calls
- 47633 – Increase the number of characters for Policy name
As part of this PBI, the length of a policy name has been increased to 40 characters (auto-generated name – 50 characters) in both user policy create and update pages.
- 55747 – Make width of the Requester Organisation search column for the My Approvals page wider
As part of this PBI, the width of the requester organization column in the ‘My Approvals’ page is increased for better visibility.
- 53857 – Refactor the validation for Bulk user create
As part of this PBI, the validation for bulk user create operation runs more efficiently than before.
- 42989 – Set autoreply for shared mailbox
The set autoreply functionality has been implemented for an SMB, which shows mail-tips and sends autoreply messages. The functionality is like the one which already exists for a user.
- 48742 – Auto-mapper needs to enabled for additional mailboxes where the user has access to
Any user with a facility of additional mailbox should have Auto-mapper enabled. It verifies the delegated user with Full access can access the additional mailbox, Owners, and members of SMB & RMB can access the additional SMB & RMB mailboxes. These are the changes given by this PBI.
- 52162 – Fix the advance search function on the portal under user management with the status “active” to work accurately
Only active mailboxes are returned for ‘Active’ status and ‘Inactive’, ‘Active (Leaver)’ mailboxes are not shown in user management page, as part of this PBI.
- 52163 – Distribution List deletion warning
A warning message is displayed before deleting a distribution list and the same message is displayed as a tooltip for both SDLs and DDLs in edit page, as part of this PBI.
- 52166 – My Approvals filter by requested Organisation Name
As part of this PBI, only those requests are returned which belong to a particular organization, when that organization’s name is given in the ‘Requester Organization’ search column.
- 52903 – User Policy Yammer group toggle warning
As part of this PBI, a warning message is displayed when the yammer toggle is switched on in both user policy create and update pages.
- 56726 – Portal Landing Page – update to carousel (New image & Text to add)
This PBI implements a new carousel in the home page of the portal with the title ‘Same Sign On’.
- 57178 – Clinical Specialty Data Change from Accident & Emergency to Emergency Medicine
This PBI implements a name change for one of the clinical specialties which is present in the user management create and update pages.
Portal Projects Bug Fixes
- 55659 – VN116 – Fix policy behaviour when add on Licence expires.
With this bug fix, when a user policy has expired addon subscription in it, a warning message is displayed to the admin so that the admin can change the subscription into an active one and update the user policy.
- 47263 – On creation of SMB, copy to sent items is not set
When creating shared mailboxes in Exchange Online emails that are sent are not getting copied into the sent items folder of the Shared Mailbox. This bug resolves that issue and after release messages will be copied into the sent items folder of the Shared Mailbox.
BAU Bug Fixes
- 48634 – User’s cannot be authenticated based on their user policy
The authenticate functionality now works properly without timing out for users.
- 49272 – When creating a team via Portal, it is being created in the tenant but not in Portal
The team creation via portal is successful both in portal and tenant after the fix.
- 53744 – MO: Regression: Page gets disabled when LA tries to download report for which he has no access
After the fix, when an LA tries to access a report for which he/she has no access to, the error message is shown and all the elements in the page are interactable.
- 54250 – Hangfire: Update Mailbox Size Statistics – User Dumpster Usage (Bytes) Column
After the fix, the ‘Update Mailbox Size Statistics’ hang-fire job correctly updates the DB, which in turn reflects in the mailbox report.
- 54887 – ODS DB string has been reverted to on-premise database
After the fix, the ODS Database string in the common config file was updated to point to the azure database.
- 41541 – DL’s are still getting stuck in Pending after LOA Authorisation (approve/reject buttons missing)
After the fix, the DLs are no longer stuck in pending state after the authorization.
- 43524 – User cannot be marked joiner/leaver if their existing user policy is over-subscribed
After the fix, a user can be marked as a joiner or leaver, who belongs to a policy which is over-subscribed.
- 45471 – Prod – User policy editing is timing out.
With this bug fix, the user policy update operation doesn’t time-out if one or more users are added to an existing large user policy.
- 48224 – VV: Duplicate Bookings Redirecting to deleted entry
After the fix, when a user clicks on duplicate, active booking he/she will not be redirected to the deleted booking entry.
- 48249 – Adding certain admin roles to user accounts does not allow the update button to be pressed to apply the role
After the fix, update operation works successfully for a user who has a combination of ‘Local Admin’ roles on multiple organizations.
- 48324 – Unable to Import into/update large User Policy
After the fix, update operation works successfully for a large user policy, in which users are uploaded through import function.
- 50904 – Live Services – Sprint 13: Getting an error while running Hangfire job for ObtainMailboxUsage.UpdateMailboxUsage on Dev2 Environment
After the fix, the ‘Update mailbox size statistics’ hang-fire job runs successfully.
- 53826 – MO – External user is unable to send emails to SDL & DDL
After the fix, the recipients of a DDL and SDL will receive mails which sent from an external user (non-NHS mail user).
- 54889 – FetchO365UsageActiveUserDetail Hangfire job failing
After the fix, the ‘FetchO365UsageActiveUserDetail’ hang-fire job runs successfully.
- 55143 – O365 Activations User Detail report refactoring
After the fix, the O365 Activations User Detail report has correct details in the report.
- 55449 – RemoveMailTipForActiveUsers Hangfire job not working
After the fix, the ‘RemoveMailTipForActiveUsers’ hang-fire job runs successfully, and the leaver mail-tip is not shown for active users.
- 56013 – Multiple columns showing wrong values in the Team Usage Report
After the fix, correct data for each column is shown in the teams usage report when it is downloaded and viewed.
- 48655 – Users with correct B2B permissions do not always have approval requests displayed
After the fix, users with correct B2B permissions can see the details of the approval requests in the ‘My Approval Requests’ page.
- 50903 – PRODUCTCATALOG_0 SharePoint collection template has been removed from Portal, causing orgs to not be able to search SharePoint in Portal if their org uses this template
After the fix, the ‘PRODUCTCATALOG_0’ template can be seen in share-point create and update pages. Creation and updating of SharePoint with this template is also successful.
- 54133 – Prod Wellington – OneDrive Report error
After the fix, the one-drive report will show correct data to the users, when it is downloaded and viewed.
To view the full release note please refer to the PDF file.