15-03-2021 21:45:00 PM (GMT)
User impact: Users may be unable to access multiple Microsoft 365, Azure, and Dynamics 365 services.
More info: Any service that leverages Azure Active Directory (AAD) may be affected. Specifically, users may notice the following impacts per service:
- Intune: Admins and users may intermittently experience the following scenarios:
- Admins may notice enrollment failures as devices retry enrollment
- Applications may not all be shown in the UX or users may see 401 errors
- Compliance checks may not be successful
- Exporting reports may fail
- Admins may notice their tenant’s device are not visible within the Intune admin portal
- Microsoft Managed Desktop: Admins may be unable to perform actions within the Microsoft Managed Desktop admin portal. In addition, this issue may impact end users’ ability to interact with new Microsoft Managed Desktop devices.
- PowerBI: Users leveraging Gen2 Premium capacities may see delayed load times. Additional information regarding Premium capacities can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-what-is#power-bi-premium-generation-2-preview
- OneNote: Users may see multiple authentication prompts or “permission denied” when opening notebooks via the Desktop app. OneNote Online can be leveraged to workaround the issue.
- Office Web Applications: Users may notice general service degradation for Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Streams: Users may experience playback issues when using Microsoft Stream.
- Outlook.com: Recovered.
- Office Licensing: Recovered.
- Microsoft Teams: Recovered.
- Exchange Online: Recovered.
- Microsoft Forms: Recovered.
- SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business: Recovered.
- Yammer: Recovered.
- Admin portal: Recovered.
- Microsoft Streams: Recovered.
Current status (16/03/2021 06:40): Microsoft have initiated a mitigation strategy for the impacted Intune services. In parallel, they are still pursuing multiple mitigation strategies to restore services to the other Microsoft 365 services Service specific updates will continue to be provided under the “More Info” section.