Portal – Kestrel Release
The Kestrel Portal release was implemented as planned on the evening of the 10/10/2019 with new features for core NHSmail Portal functionality and O365 functions.
New Core Functionality
- Mailbox usage and dumpster quota reporting – This aims at having an ability within Portal for LAs to report mailbox usage and dumpster quota usage of the mailbox at organisation level based on user control. This will be reported in the existing mailbox report with additional columns
- Active/Inactive reporting of the shared mailboxes – This aims at having an ability within Portal for LAs to report active/inactive status of shared mailboxes depending on when was the last item sent from the mailbox. This will be reported in the existing mailbox report.
- (PODS) Update the welcome email wording for PODS users – Change wording of the welcome email around hide/unhide mobile number functionality. This email is sent to the PODS users after successful registration using self-service page. Hide mobile number functionality has been recently updated to hide mobile number by default for all PODS users at the time of registration.
New O365 Functionality
- Modification of the Create/Update guest inviter process – New permissions are now assigned to users when added to the Eligible Guest Inviters group to enable further actions within the portal.
- Create an add guest inviter process – Create a process where NHSMail users who are members of an organisation’s Eligible Guest Inviters group can sponsor access for a guest user through the portal. in doing this the guest users will be added to the Azure Portal as a guest user and an invite sent to the user.
The functionality should only be accessible to users with the Invite Guest User role controlled by the Sponsor Guest User permission.
- View sponsored guest users –A new workflow has been created allowing users with relevant permissions to view guest users that they have sponsored. The data shown to them includes Display Name, Email Address, Creation Date, Type and Status
- Bulk add guest user – Multiple users can be sponsored at once through a bulk upload functionality. In doing this the guest users will be added to the Azure Portal as a guest user and an invite sent to the users.
The functionality is only be accessible to users with the Invite Guest User role controlled by the Sponsor Guest User permission. The data is entered via a CSV file containing the wanted email addresses
- Update the Create feature of add guest inviter process –This update adds a feature of allowing multiple users through a “+” button on create screen in the guest inviter menus. The Guest Access menu item will only be available to those users added to the Eligible inviters group. Relevant tooltips and validation is also present
- Update application list, licence mappings & application dependencies –Microsoft has rolled out new applications mapped to supported O365 licenses, and therefore they have been added to the NHSmail portal
- Update the view screen for guest inviter process – This update consists of UI tweaks, including:
- Two buttons for Add and Bulk Upload
- Tooltip on Display Name and Status
- Changed the heading to “View Guest Users”
- List now sorted by creation dater
- Columns can now be sorted
- Instructions & Notifications on Guest Access Module –Emails are now sent to Guest Inviters as a summary for all the guest users invited using Create workflow. Some other UI tweaks to the Guest Inviters page have also been introduced to help improve usability.
- Update the Eligible guest inviter process to include an email comms – Users being added to the Eligible Guest inviter group now receive an email notification detailing that they have been given this role and are now able to add guest users to the NHSmail platform. When a group of users is added to the guest inviter group, they each receive an email as attached.