1 – National Administration Service (NAS)
This route is for dental practices who would like the set-up and future administration of their NHSmail accounts to be managed centrally.
Organisations can choose from one of two authentication options for registration, which are to use:
- their CQC Location ID and CQC Contact ID
- a One Time Passcode (OTP) as an alternative authentication process.
Before registering, please ensure you have your:
- Organisation Data Services (ODS) code – this can be confirmed by contacting email@example.com.
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) location ID – this is your CQC registration number for your practice and different to your CQC Provider ID.
- CQC Contact ID – this is a code that is within your CQC registration information and is also known as the Registered Manager’s ID.
To begin the registration process, please use the portal registration tool.
Guidance for dental practices joining via this route
Document information and downloads
- Document Contents
- Download Link
- File Details
- How to complete the registration portal
- Dentistry pre-requisite questionnaire
- One-time passcode
- Step 1: Route B
- Step 2: Add town details and members
- Next steps
- Support and guidance
|File type||Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (.pdf)|
|File size||796 KB|
Dental groups with over 30 dental practice sites wishing to join NHSmail can register via the bulk upload process. For further details contact the NHSmail team at firstname.lastname@example.org, with Dental bulk upload request in the email subject line.
2 – Self-management
This route is for dental groups who wish to carry out the administration activities for their own NHSmail accounts – this is only suitable for organisations with over 20 dental practices.
Details on how dental practices can join NHSmail through the self-management route are available via the self-management application process and form.
|Last Reviewed Date||12/04/2023|