05/01/2024 09:20:00 AM
NHSMail Reference: INC40699313
Microsoft Reference: MO704022
Issue Status: ONGOING
Issue Description: One percent of Google Chrome users may experience degraded functionality when accessing Microsoft 365 services.
More info: While this may not be a viable solution for your organization, users can leverage Microsoft 365 desktop apps to work around the issue while we develop mitigations.
Google Chrome does not expect the one percent of users on the new build to be enterprise users, however, it may be possible. At this time, we”ve confirmed the following Microsoft 365 impact scenarios when accessing via the Google Chrome web browser:
Microsoft 365 for the web
– Unable to pin/unpin apps from the app launcher
– Unable to change theme/dark mode settings
– Unable to switch to a saved account in the suite header
– Unable to see profile photo in the suite header
– Unable to create sites from SharePoint or the admin center
– Unable to access Viva Engage or connector webparts
Outlook on the web
– Unable to access the Viva Engage app
– Unable to access Viva Engage Embed content
– Unable to access OneDrive from the app tray
– Unable to access the Files and Pages tabs within a Teams channel
– Unable to access Viva connections
Further information can be found in the Message center under MC697433 specifically pertaining to Microsoft Teams impact scenarios and potential workarounds.
Additional details and workaround options have been provided by Google Chrome at the following links:
Current Update: 01/03/2024 08:50:00 AM – Microsoft expect the majority of impact scenarios outlined within the ”More info” section of this communication to be resolved by the end of March 2024. As a reminder, they do not expect the one percent of affected users to be enterprise users, however, as it may be possible, they’re taking the steps to apply mitigations.
Scope of impact: Currently one percent of Google Chrome users may experience impact.
Root cause: A recent third-party network change is preventing some Microsoft 365 features to function as expected when accessed via a specific web browser.
Next update by: Friday, March 15, 2024, at 3:00 AM UTC