07/07/2023 09:34:00 AM (GMT)
NHSmail Reference : INC36854250
Microsoft Reference : EX628350
Issue Status : RESOLVED
Issue Description : Users may be unable to leverage one or more secondary functions within Outlook on the web.
More info : Users may be unable to leverage one or more secondary functions within Outlook on the web.
Users encountering this issue may experience impact to one or more of the following features within Outlook on the web:
– Search results and suggestions for Email, Calendar and Contacts
– Content Labeling Policy functionality
– SafeLinks settings
– Outlook add-in settings
– Favorite folder add/remove
– Subscribing to new published calendars
– Suggested email replies and attachments
– Roaming signature management
– Email translation
– Weather feature visibility and management within Outlook calendar
– Viewing and editing ToDo items, OneNote items, and activity notifications in the Outlook side pane
– Managing connected accounts
– Viewing meeting insights, related content, and meeting transcripts in calendar events
– Managing Outlook groups
– Viewing “Getting Started” tooltips and “What’s New” feature suggestions
– Viewing and editing Loop components.
– Some tenants with IP enforcement client access rules may be unable to access via Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS), which may prevent users from accessing their mailbox.
As a workaround for the signature issue, signatures can be added to email drafts manually, or be applied through the Outlook desktop client.
Microsoft believes impact is specific to tenants configured with both split traffic between Evolved Security Token Service (ESTS) and Outlook on the web or IP enforcement conditional access policies.
Final Update : 07/08/2023 08:52:00 AM – Deployment of the fix is complete, and Microsoft’s service telemetry confirms that the affected functions are restored and impact is remediated.
Scope of impact : Some users may be unable to leverage one or more secondary functions listed in the More info section within Outlook on the web.
Root cause : A recent deployment, intended to resolve an unrelated issue by modifying the authentication pathway leveraged by the affected functionality, introduced an authentication issue that resulted in impact.
Next steps : Microsoft are reviewing Outlook on the web maintenance procedures pertaining to authentication to prevent similar impact in future deployments.