This NHSmail Portal release is named in honour of Warrant Officer Sarah Louise Cotman of the RAF in recognition of Sarah’s services to nursing.
Please find below a summary of the main content of the Cotman 1.0 release which was deployed on 27th September 2022. To view the full release note for this release please see the PDF file at the end of this summary.
Portal Projects Functionality
- 61207 – VN137: Bulk enablement of MFA through the bulk edit capability
As part of this PBI, when a Local Administrator selects multiple users and clicks on “Enable Azure MFA” button on the “Bulk Edit Users” page, MFA will be enabled to all the selected users. If a user has not already accepted the AUP then MFA will not be enabled on the account to allow the user an opportunity to accept the AUP. MFA won’t be enabled in the following cases:
– when user has already been enabled with MFA
– when admin does not have access to user’s organisation
- 61837 – VN137 – Modify Enable Azure MFA feature within User Management (i.e. User Details page)
As part of this PBI, when a Local Administrator clicks on “Enable Azure MFA” button on a user’s User Details page, MFA will be enabled on this user account irrespective of which User Policy they belong to. MFA will be retained for any users who already had MFA within their User Policy will have MFA remained.
- 61208 – VN137: Bulk disablement of MFA through the bulk edit capability
As part of this PBI, when a Local Administrator selects multiple users and clicks on “Disable Azure MFA” button on the “Bulk Edit Users” page, MFA will be disabled to all the selected users. MFA will not be disabled in instances where a user belongs to the ATP or Primary Local/Local Administrator group or if the user has already disabled MFA themselves.
Note: MFA will not be disable when an account is in a compromised status.
- 61210- VN137 – Remove the MFA option from all User Policies and update the SQL lookup data to remove MFA from settings
As part of this PBI, “Azure Multi-Factor Authentication” toggle is removed from “Policy Settings” for all User Policy pages so that the ability for admins to enable MFA for a user via User Policy is removed.
- 64142 – Ensure the ‘Mark as Compromised’ button on user profile initiates Revoke-SPOUserSession on the user when pressed
As part of this PBI, addition of revoking the active user session when ‘Mark as Compromised’ is triggered. This will revoke all active sessions of the user which has been compromised.
- 59744 – Profile Dropdown – Add new “My Resource Mailboxes” page
After implementation of this PBI, users will be able to view a new page “My Resource Mailboxes” on profile dropdown. This will show all the resource mailboxes that they are an owner of.
- 52365 – Enable auto expanding archive for all users within an organisation
As part of this PBI, a new toggle “Enable Auto-Expanding Archive Mailboxes for All Users” will be present in the “Organisation” page. Admins will have the ability to switch this feature on for all users within an organisation.
- 60297 – Removal POP and IMAP Protocols
As part of this PBI, the ability to enable POP/IMAP protocols via the NHSmail Portal will be removed and only SMTP will be available to be enabled.
- 62104 – Removal of redundant Portal URL (https://portal.nhs.net/help/policyandguidance) under help section on an email template
As part of this change, hyperlink “Finding your local administrator guide” is replaced with new link (https://support.nhs.net/knowledge-base/finding-your-local-administrator/)) in the two email templates.
- 64143 – Enable Auto expanding archive for a single user
After implementation of this PBI, a new checkbox “Enable Auto-Expanding Archive” will be present in the “User Detail” page. Local Admins can enable this feature by checking the checkbox for a single user.
- 63041 – Compromised Accounts – Disabling user devices (part of revoking access) on marking an account as compromised
This PBI will ensure that user devices are disabled when an account is marked as compromised
- 63042 – Remediating Compromised Accounts – Re-enabling user devices when remediating a compromised account
This PBI will allow user devices to be re-enabled when a user account has been marked as remediated as part of the Compromised Account process
BAU Bug Fixes
- 62185 – If a user policy has 0 licences remaining an update cannot be performed to the user policy and displays an error even though no new users have been added
This bug has fixed the issue where User Policy update is giving errors when 0 licences are remaining.
To view the full release note please refer to the PDF file.