21/07/2022 08:53:00 AM (BST)
Microsoft Reference : MO402741
NHSmail Reference : INC30682784
Issue Status : RESOLVED
Issue Description : Users may be unable to use multiple Microsoft 365 services.
More info : Users may have experienced one or more of the following issues. Additional features or functionality may have also be impacted.
– Microsoft Teams (Access, chat, meetings, and Microsoft Teams Room device issues joining meetings)
– Exchange Online (Delays sending mail)
– Microsoft 365 Admin center (Inability to access)
– Microsoft Word within multiple services (Inability to load)
– Microsoft Forms (Inability to use via Teams)
– Microsoft Graph API (Any service relying on this API may have been affected)
– Office Online (Microsoft Word access issues)
– SharePoint Online (Microsoft Word access issues)
– Project Online (Inability to access)
– PowerPlatform and PowerAutomate (Inability to create an environment with a database)
– Autopatches within Microsoft Managed Desktop
– Yammer (Impact to Yammer experiments)
– Windows 365 (Unable to provision Cloud PCs)
Scope of impact : This issue may potentially affect any user attempting to utilize any of the listed Microsoft 365 services.
Final Update : 22/07/2022 08:28:00 AM – Microsoft observed no further instances of impact following the initial service recovery. They will continue to monitor the service throughout the remainder of US business hours to further confirm that the issue is resolved.
Root cause : A recent deployment to our global management database was incompatible with the service instance running at the time the problem occurred. This caused the Experimental Configuration Service (ECS) to provide empty responses to service requests, trigging some of the consuming services to lose their configuration overrides, resulting in unexpected error responses and the impacting behaviors reported by users.
Next steps : Microsoft are working to identify service improvements to strengthen Microsoft 365 against further issues of this nature.