Portal – Heron Release
A further Portal release named ‘Heron’ was implemented as planned on the evening of the 22/05/2019 with new features and bug fixes for Hybrid Office 365 integration along with the ability to view user logins within the Portal.
New Core Functionality
- Increase ATP group limit from 20 users to 25 – When an ATP Global Admin or ATP Local Admin adds a user to an ATP group, they should only be able to add up to 25 users.
- NHS England and NHS Improvement merger – For the NHS England and NHS Improvement merger the portal is required to Turn On intra org sharing for both organisations.
- Update portal pages with warning/notification in line with the updated password policy – This change includes updates to the Portal password warning/notification pages to align with the updated NHSmail password policy. This includes warning message on password reset screen, password expiry reminders and password reset notifications. This change does not include ADFS login page notifications/text.
New O365 Functionality
- When assigning Skype subscriptions check available licences – When a local or a global admin assigns a user a skype subscription through the NHSMail portal there is no check on the number of available licenses for that organisation.
- Azure AD guest access Audit Report – A B2B Global Admin or NHSMail Local Admin wants to view an Azure AD B2B Audit Report.
- Update details of allow-listed External Organisations – An Admin wants to update details of a allow-listed External Organisation within the portal.
- Delete allow-listed External Organisations – A Global Admin wants to remove a allow-listed External Organisation within the portal.
- Azure AD guest access Admin Report – An Admin wants to download an Azure B2B Guest User Admin Report as a CSV file.
- External Organisations Admin Report – An Admin wants to download an Azure B2B External Organisation Report as a CSV file.
- External Organisations Admin Report – A Global Admin wants to remove an External Federated Group within the portal.
- Schedule task (weekly) to initiate Attestation email notifications to Azure AD B2B Federated Groups Sponsors –This covers a weekly task to perform the following actions:
- Identify which External Federated Groups require attestation
- Issue the attestation email notification to the Sponsor (original requester) of the identified External Federated Groups
- Federated Groups Admin Report – An Admin wants to download an Azure B2B External Federated Groups Report as a CSV file.
- Schedule task (monthly) to fetch Azure AD Federated group members – This covers a monthly task to fetch members of External Federated Groups and update details within the “B2BGuestsUserDetails” table in the Portal DB.
- Federated Group Set up Details Update – An Admin wants to update details of a Federated group and confirm the setup is complete within the portal.
- Federated Group Set up Details Update – Activate the group – An Admin wants to update details of a Federated group and activate the group within the portal.
- Federated Group Set up Details Update – Acknowledge Guest Invite – A Global Admin wants to confirm that the NHSMail Portal Service Account guest invitation has been acknowledged within the portal.
- Federated Group Set up Details Update – Test Connection – A Global Admin wants to update details of a Federated group and validate that the information provided was correct. Once External Federated Group is selected the user should be able to test the connection.
- Update/Remove Guidance Messages – This will add a series of guidance messages on the NHSmail portal B2B pages, informing users of the process
- Add Licence limits for Skype features – A Global or Tenant Admin would like the ability to set organization level license limits for the On-Premise Skype services, through the NHSMail portal. For other admin roles, these fields should be visible only and not editable.The admins should have the ability to set the following license limits.
- Skype Dial-in Conferencing
- Skype Voice & Video Services
- The limit should only be available to be set if the ‘Enable Skype Voice & Video Subscriptions’ toggle is on.
- Refactor create Yammer API to remove the 30 min sync time – This will deliver technical changes in the execution of the Create and Edit workflows for Yammer connected groups, to remove the 30 min sync time which is currently in place when creating a Yammer group. There is no functional change to the workflows.
- SharePoint Management List page to confirm PWA_0 display – On SharePoint management list page, type should be listed as standard or Project Web App instead of PWA.
- There is no object type as B2B in the list to narrow down search result – New object type ‘B2B’ is required for filtering B2B related transactions in audit search.
- Delete PWA Pop up message shows wrong info – Popup message – Deleting the ‘Project Web App’ will remove access instead of Deleting ‘SharePoint site’.
- Audit for delete PWA not showing correct info – When Delete PWA action is performed, message should show Delete ‘Project Web App’ instead of Delete ‘SharePoint’.
- Field length and additional validations on external org request form not self-explanatory – Notify user of exact validations instead of vague messages such as, ‘too long’ ‘no illegal characters’ etc.
- Target object in the audit search doesn’t cater for all allowed characters in the external org name field, thus resulting in form error – Target Object in audit only accepts the special characters which are allowed in the name field- ‘-; whereas the external org name can contain other special characters which are allowed in the org name field like- /,.
- Users with O365 admin role unable to filter B2B requests in the audit search – O365 admin role unable to view object type as B2B in the list, hence can’t filter out B2B objects from the audit search result.
- B2B Guest request Attestation approval link from email loads a blank page for B2B_Approver (only in the 1st attempt and with direct link) – Approver should be able to load the details if it’s already logged in at the 1st attempt instead of ‘loading spanner’ and then a blank page.
- Audit entries for Bulk Approve/Reject action on external org allow-list request get captured against the 1st org only – Delivery of this bug resolves the issue whereby multiple approve/reject requests are being incorrectly captured within the audit report under the 1st org that appears the B2B allow-list request list.
- Few form validations on external org allow-list request are still a bit inconsistent – Delivery of this bug resolves the residual inconsistencies around the external org allow-list request form validations.
- Though the external organisation name accepts the valid special characters, the form validation seems to suggest otherwise – Notify user of exact validations instead of vague messages such as, ‘too long’ ‘no illegal characters’ etc.
- PWA id is taking as organisation id in audit reports for Create and Delete PWA audit records – In audit report, when filtering search results by Project Web App – only relevant results should be shown.
- Grant/Revoke CsTeamsMeetingPolicy feature errors out with maximum concurrent shells exceeded error –Delivery of this bug will resolve the transient issue that has been witnessed regarding connections to Skype Online used for turning on/off Teams call recording.
- Existing Users lose their O365 licence assignment on the tenant, when you update user policy through import – When updating a user policy adding or removing users through the import functionality, existing user’s policy members are having their O365 licences removed, while new users continue to have their O365 licences assigned.
- Audit not displaying errors – When attempting to retrieve audit information when the user does not have the required permissions does not display the error return by the API to the users.