Microsoft Teams is Live!
NHS England has introduced Microsoft Teams for all NHSmail users, to support new ways of working during the Covid-19 response. Teams is a secure communication tool to allow instant messaging and audio and video calling.
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams can be used to:
- Meet: Set up video and phone meetings as and when required with members in your team
- Chat: Instant messaging with your colleagues (or any NHSmail user) on either the Teams application on your desktop or mobile device
- Call: Direct audio or video calls with NHSmail colleagues
How will it help me?
- Better communication and collaboration – Teams provides you with the tools and resources to work seamlessly across the organisation independent of location or device. It can be used in a browser, on mobile devices or on a desktop app subject to local assessment and approval.
- Security and peace of mind – Allows you to stay secure throughout changing work patterns, with access managed using your existing NHSmail username and password, to a fully managed and secure Microsoft Cloud environment.
- Increased productivity – Through this product you can use tools like SharePoint and OneDrive which allow for real time co-authoring, collaboration and communication, subject to local assessment and approval.
Your own local IT team will manage access and approvals, but Microsoft Teams is available to any NHSmail user
Further support and guidance
The NHSmail Team
|Last Reviewed Date||03/02/2023|