The following table provides details on where to access migrated workloads…
|Application||Switchover Day Phase 1 (10 July)||Switchover Day Phase 2 (31 July)|
|SharePointfirstname.lastname@example.org (for sites connected to O365 Groups)
@hscic.gov.uk (for all other SharePoint sites)
|Teams & Groupsemail@example.com|
Colleagues can navigate to https://portal.office.com and sign in with their @nhs.net account to access the new locations
After Switchover, you should work and communicate with colleagues using their nhs.net account. Access to legacy locations in the NHSD environment will be switched to read-only. If you do not have access to your Teams/SharePoint, please contact your support team.
Colleagues can also configure their browser so that you can access both the nhs.net and NHSD environments. Please reference the “How should I prepare before Switchover Day?” section for details on setting up your browser to access both nhs.net (@nhs.net) and NHSD (@hscic.gov.uk) locations.
Switchover experience and locations
As detailed on the “What is migrating and when?” page, from Switchover, there are 2 phases to migrate remaining SharePoint sites and phase out access to applications in the legacy NHS Digital environment…
Switchover/Read-Only phase (from 10 July):
- From 10 July, former NHS Digital colleagues will access OneDrive, Teams and O365 Groups (including Sites and Planner boards linked to Teams/Groups) in the nhs.net environment.
- Access to legacy locations in the NHSD environment (such as OneDrive, Teams and Planner) will be switched to read-only.
- This means that you will not be able to edit any Teams and OneDrive files in the former NHS Digital environment.
- Please use your @nhs.net account for your OneDrive, Teams, Planner as any updates you do make in the old environment (for example in private chats, Planner boards) will not be migrated.
SharePoint Switchover/Access Removed phase (from 31 July):
- From 31 July, in addition to Teams and OneDrive, you should now access all SharePoint sites using your @nhs.net account.
- When signed in with your nhs.net account, you can use this link for a list of all X26 SharePoint sites you have access to, and the new site URLs.
Summary of applications post-switchover:
|Application:||From 10 July:||From 31 July:|
|OneDrive||Please use OneDrive in the nhs.net environment.
OneDrive files in the legacy NHSD environment will be read-only therefore unable to edit
|OneDrive files in the legacy NHSD environment will be read-only.|
|SharePoint – Modern Teams Sites (sites connected to O365 Group & Teams)||Please access these SharePoint sites going forwards in the nhs.net environment.
Access to these sites in the legacy NHSD environment will be read-only.
SharePoint files in these sites in the legacy NHSD environment will be read-only therefore unable to edit.
|Access to SharePoint in the legacy NHSD environment will be read-only.|
|SharePoint – Standalone/Classic SharePoint sites (sites not connected to O365 Groups/Teams)||Continue to use the legacy NHSD environment for these sites.||Access using your nhs.net account.
When signed in with your nhs.net account, use this link for a list of all X26 SharePoint sites you have access to.
Access to SharePoint in the legacy NHSD environment will be read-only.
|Teams Files||Please use Teams in the nhs.net environment.
Teams’ files in the legacy NHSD environment will be read-only therefore unable to edit.
|Access to Teams in the legacy NHSD environment will be blocked.|
|Teams (Private & Channel Conversations)||Please use Teams in the nhs.net environment for both your channel and private conversations.||Access to Teams in the legacy NHSD environment will be blocked.|
|Planner||Please use Planner in the nhs.net environment.
Any Planner board updates or Planner boards created in the NHSD environment will not be accessible from the 31 July.
|Access to Planner in the legacy NHSD environment will be blocked.|
|OneNote||Please use OneNote in the nhs.net environment.
Your OneNote files in the legacy NHSD environment will be read-only therefore unable to edit.
|Power BI||Workspace owners should ensure they move/repoint their reports and dashboards to nhs.net. Update any data sources if they have been migrated.||Finalise any Power BI data source updates if to a classic/standalone SharePoint site.|
|App owners should ensure they migrate their apps to the X26 Power Platform environment in nhs.net. Update any connections if they have been migrated.||Finalise any Power App connections if to a classic/standalone SharePoint site.|
|Power Automate||Flows created by users should be migrated to the X26 Power Platform environment in nhs.net. Update any connections if they have been migrated.||Finalise any connections if to a classic/standalone SharePoint site.|
Complete the Switchover Form
From 10 July, you will be requested to access and complete the ‘ Switchover Form’
This process will walk you through the necessary steps to repoint your device to the new nhs.net environment, and covers:
- Signing in to your nhs.net account
- Repointing O365 applications (OneDrive, Teams and Office apps)
- Re-linking OneNote notebooks
- Additional optional steps, such as re-syncing shared folders and sharing important files.
For these steps, please access the Switchover Form and supporting guidance.
The Switchover Form will step users through the process to sign in to Microsoft Teams with your nhs.net account. This will allow you to access your migrated Teams/channels, private message & call users via their @nhs.net addresses and join your Teams Meetings.
Steps to sign in from your Teams desktop or mobile app…
- In the Teams app, select your profile on the top corner.
- Navigate to ‘Sign Out’ to sign out of your @hscic.gov.uk account
- Following this, select ‘Use another account or sign up’.
- Sign in with your @nhs.net account.
Sign in to Office apps with your nhs.net account:
The Switchover Form will step users through signing in to Office desktop apps including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. so you can access your recent files and quickly pick up where you left off going forwards…
1. Open e.g. Microsoft Word. Select your profile in the top-right corner of the application (likely to be currently using your @hscic.gov.uk account).
2. Select ‘Sign in with a different account’:
3. Sign in with your @nhs.net credentials (you may have to approve a multi-factor authentication request).
4. Your Word app will then show recent files from the nhs.net environment going forwards.
5. Verify your other Office desktop apps are using your nhs.net account also:
You can also follow similar steps if you use Office apps on your mobile device.
Guidance for Teams Owners
If you an Owner of a Team, visit the Guidance for Teams Owners page to check on what activities you need to complete on Switchover Day to ensure each Team remains configured the way you want it to be.
Transferring Power Platform solutions
If you are a workspace owner, you will need to plan the move of your reports and dashboards into a new nhs.net workspace and connect your Power BI reports/dashboards to any migrated data sources.
Additionally if you have previously created any Power Apps or Power Automate (Flows) into the X26 Power Platform environment and connect them to any migrated connections.
Visit the Platform Migration Guidance page for more information.
Other things to note
Changes to branding of applications:
On Switchover, you may notice some differences in the branding/design when accessing certain locations. Please see below for an example of some of the differences you may see.
Legacy NHSD nhs.net
Legacy NHSD nhs.net
OneDrive guidance for VDI users:
Separate guidance on changes to how you use the OneDrive sync app from VDIs has been shared with those users.
|Last Reviewed Date||31/07/2023|